The previous power supply I used with the Sparkfun ATX bench-top converter resulted in magic smoke and a near fire.
So rather than use another old, potentially dodgy unit, grabbed a new cheap one from Scan, opened it up and removed anything that wasn’t the ATX connector. Then shortened the ATX cable down to a few inches with some splicing and heatshrink. Finally superglued the Sparkfun unit to the surface.
Much better than before. And once finished, a much tidier assembly than before.
I'm Kian Ryan
TLDR; I sport, code, make stuff, and
play adventure games.
Stay safe. Trans rights are human rights. NFTs are still a scam.
Still get f-ed Putin. Imagine the *real world* good you could do with
There are no ads on this blog and as far as I can remember, never have been.
☕ If you want to support any of the work done here, or elsewhere,
you can buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi.
Our latest ko-fi supporters.
No coffees purchased since we put this little widget live (or in the last
two weeks). Others have kindly donated and you can see
their donations here.