I’m Kian Ryan. A freelance .NET programmer and fencing coach.
Occasionaly, I’ll draw odd little cartoons.
Photo © Andrew Williams
- Crowdfunding Is Nothing New - Whilst reading Fire In The Valley I came across the following, discussing how companies placed mail order adverts for products that did not as of yet exist: Products were being announced before they were even designed, let alone built, and the magazines supported the practice. Popular Electronics had passed off an empty box as the […]
- Book Review – Fire In The Valley - As a child of the 80s, and a learner of the 90s, I grew up in an exciting era in personal computing. I literally cut my teeth on a ZX Spectrum, and then after learning how that worked inside and out, as a family we eventually upgraded to an Escom IBM compatable PC. I started […]
- Gadget of the Year 2014 - It’s been a funny year for gadgets. I tend not to acquire a gadget unless I’ve got a really good use for it, and it fits in my bag. After something of a drought for a year or two, I’ve found myself picking up more than usual this year. But there have been some outstanding […]
- FIE Coaching Course in Budapest - I’m just back from Budapest from a 10 day coach education course for sabre coaches. It’s been an interesting experience, both in terms of the fencing and the culture and is one that I would recommend for any coach that has the opportunity to attend. You may be surprised (or not) to find that the […]
- Vim-Csharp Updated - I’ve updated Vim-CSharp with a few new features. The original aim of this project was to eventually provide autocomplete support for .NET projects. Omnisharp does this so well, there’s no point in duplicating effort. Vim-Csharp is now focussed on increasing developer productivity through better syntax highlighting, snippet completion, and any other time saving exercises I […]